Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Eugene? Normally, you have three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Even though your provider will be able to recommend where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Entryway
Although you might find it unlikely that an intruder would try to just stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at this obvious access point. There are also delivery bandits among other risks to consider. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you have the ability to converse with people who come and ring the bell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can respond to each instance with two-direction audio and live feeds and look like you’re home. When someone attempts something nefarious, you are able to have your video surveillance capture footage and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Eugene house provide a better sightline, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Right under an eave or directly into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partially obscured by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing passageway for burglars than you’d think!
- Overlooking a back porch or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the road.
For each installation, you should always prune any bushes or tree limbs that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Eugene. That same adaptability means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are secure, the sunshine that enters via a window might cause glare and affect your video recording. Point the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like a guard tower, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Try placing your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your indoor units in a spot where children or pets have no ability to interact with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if you have a houseplant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to conceal your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (541) 210-9214 or complete the following form to get started.