Home security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—a sign that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras are armed with an array of additions all built to deliver comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from home security cameras in Eugene.
How To Set Up Your Eugene Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting your devices in the right places within your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common rooms like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to set a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your front door, drive, front and patio, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that are less important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your visitors should be a primary consideration prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the foundation for getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Eugene. The features shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone through the camera. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at an area. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can produce clips of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Eugene is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (541) 210-9214 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.