Modern residential security options are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to complete basic security chores like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things ever again? With geofencing in Eugene, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Eugene For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your mobile device to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all devices onto the same network. You can set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you exit your property, you may set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Eugene. When you download the ADT Control app, you can reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Eugene
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (541) 210-9214 or submit the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.