ADT® Authorized Dealer Serving Eugene & Surrounding Areas
Vivint Security Monitor in Eugene
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Eugene?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Eugene?

In the process of assembling your baby’s room, you put together the cradle, covered the walls with a soothing pastel, and established the greatest diaper changing space ever. The next step is to figure out the manner in which you intend to keep an eye on your newborn. You have the option of going with the typical monitoring choice that lets you hear on a separate listening device, or you might step up the tech and get HD video, 2-way communication, and initialization through motion sensing.

This advanced option may make you think of surveillance systems found in a comprehensive home security system, but would you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Eugene? 

A security camera baby monitor is part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Eugene is that it will work in unison with your corresponding home security and home automation devices. So, for example, if you notice that your newborn is having trouble falling asleep, you have the ability to adjust your integrated thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Additionally, when they wake up for their midnight feeding, you have the chance to increase the brightness of the room's smart bulbs to show you will be there soon. And if you have two or more small children in different rooms, you have the ability to give each one an indoor security camera and monitor the video in the same mobile app.

An indoor security camera in Eugene is included in your comprehensive home defense plan

If you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or just want one for your home defense, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint expert will guide you through all the possibilities and work hard to configure the most suitable security plan for your property. Place a call to (541) 210-9214 or submit the following form.